Monday, October 24, 2011

DC Fashion.

I just returned from a trip to Washington DC with some other like-minded business owners from across the country and couldn't help but to take some mental notes regarding the fashion tastes of that lovely city.


First, I was blown away by the power of the new MLK Memorial that was just finished a few months ago and highly recommend a visit.. The FDR memorial was also quite amazing...it was particularly the quotes on the walls, surrounded by roaring waterfalls and beautiful statues, that I found to be very applicable to today's social and political climate. Perhaps if our Congressmen could go visit these two memorials and contemplate their messages, we could begin to solve the problems we face.

On to fashion notes by Aimee...

1. Lots of nude hose is purchased and worn inside The Beltway. Perhaps L'egg's spends quality time lobbying for this look on The Hill?


2. Men and women alike were all about the pin stripe suit. It was pretty attractive, actually. Though...at times I found it hard to find the people I was looking for in the sea of pin stripe suits.




3. Nobody hugs there. They shake hands.
4. Black shoes must have been requisite. I didn't see a one brown, red or grey heel, loafer or boot.


5. Lavendar colored ties were quite prominent on the men. It was a look I gave a private thumbs up to.


Overall, my expectations were blown away in many ways on this trip. Those DCer's really know how to dress.

No comments: